- To invest in the youth of Truro Anglican Church and the Fairfax community
- To aid the Family Ministry Director in building and running the youth program
- To nurture and develop volunteer leaders for the youth ministry
- To build a high quality contemporary worship experience at Truro
- To nurture and develop other contemporary musicians and worship leaders
The successful candidate will:
- Be a strong communicator, with a genuine desire and ability to build others up
- Be an excellent contemporary worship leader and musician
- Have a real desire to participate in and grow the community of Truro Anglican Church
Truro Anglican desires to be a church that offers people ‘radical hospitality,’ ‘profound transformation,’ and ‘inspired service.’ We reflect a healthy balance of the three main streams of the Christian faith: catholic, charismatic, and evangelical. Successful staff members at Truro love people, love Anglicanism, and the eclectic style of our worship services.Candidates must possess a mature and growing Christian faith, and be spirit-filled. Strong musicianship in vocal and guitar skills is required. The ability to read notated music is preferred, and may be required. Candidates must be able to successfully work with a Choir, and keyboard skills are desirable, but not mandatory.
The position is available immediately. Applicants should send a résumé, a 1-page statement of faith, and a CD, YouTube, or audio file of their musical abilities to BOTH Directors below. Please also send a worship set in the following format: 4-song opening set, 1 offertory song, 3-song set for communion.
References will also be requested. Electronic submission is preferred.
Joey Fitzgerald, Director of Family Ministries
Kirsten Boyd, Director of Worship & Arts
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
c/o Truro Anglican Church
10520 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22030